Thursday, September 10, 2009

When Music Becomes Noise

‘Oh No! Hope it’s not the same call again.’ I whispered and ran to my room to check the mobile phone. It was singing aloud the tunes of ‘Sarvam’, a Tamil movie. I was too irritated to hear this ringtone again. I put my phone on the silent mode for the moment and let it vibrate for the next 11 calls, nevertheless I didn’t answer one. My next target was to browse for a blank ring tone and I didn’t succeed. Finally when the vibration stopped for a while, and when I was sure I will not receive more of these calls, I browsed the phone for another ringtone. After changing the ringtone, I put the phone back on normal mode.

I am a very poor user of the phone and hardly get calls other than the ones from whom I am very closely acquainted with. It served me more as walkman than a phone. Considering the above facts, it’s vague that I was irritated by the ringtone. Moreover, the mentioned ringtone was set as the default ringtone and there is not much a chance that it is played, as there are specific ringtones set for these closely acquainted people.

Now coming to circumstances, I received about 6 missed calls from a mysterious number the previous evening and I was unable to trace the number. While I was pondering on who that desperate person was, I received a call from the same number. As expected, it was a ‘wrong number’. I attended the call and notified the caller that it was a wrong number they were trying to reach. But to my surprise the calls continued and within an hour it was about another 5 missed calls. You know how it is to hear the same 21 second long ringtone 12 times in an hour.

But this was not all. Early today morning it was about 5.30 AM, the phone rang again, the same number flashing and yet again playing the same ringtone. I cut the call. It rang again and this time I picked it up and in a drowsy voice requested the caller not to try the wrong number again, but with no effect. The calls continued for the next hour and half (yet another 10 missed calls), the result being my sleep disturbed or destroyed rather.

Now as I write this post, I hope the caller gets his number right and I don’t get disturbed from my sleep on a weekend. Else I will have to look for another ringtone again tomorrow evening.

Just a count: I received 35 (11 + 10 + 10 = 31 missed + 4 answered) calls from that number.

2 comments:

The Maverick Blog said...

Woww... Swathi I think someone is trying to call u really... Ask him what he wants :D

Swathi Vaidyanathan said...

hahaha......then it wouldn't have taken all these calls....